Friday, August 7, 2009

Angel Trumpet Blooms

These plants have been in the garden for at least five years. Every Fall, before the first frost I cut them back to nothing and apply a heavy layer of pine needles/leaves about six inches deep.
When all danger of frost is past I uncover them. Thus the growth you see here is all from 2009.

This is an array of blooms on one plant. I took this shot using natural light in the early morning.


A Close up taken with flash which creates more vivid color. The shot was taken just moments from the first one above but I zoomed in on this blossom to show the detail of these lovely flowers.

On more flash photo with several blooms to show you the arrangement of blooms near the top of this plant.


Again, a flash photo. All of these pictures were taken before the morning sun was too bright. Using the flash at this time allows the distractions of the background to be somewhat muted. It was 8:00 A.M. when I took these photos.
You can be sure that I will also have cuttings of these plants this November to share with fellow garden club members.



No comments: