Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Beauty Abounds

Just prior to Sunset on April 12, 2010 I took the opportunity to capture some pictures of the beauty that surrounds my home here in Middle Georgia. This Japanese Maple always looks great.

Unfortunately I only acquired five of these Pieris plants. They are dwarf plants. One thing I have learned in gardening is that a planting of shrubs needs to be large enough to command interest. Or as some would say, you need a drift of plants to draw attention to the planting.



Many years ago I obtained a "Climbing Hydrangea" to place on the Northside of my home. This one is growing up a brick chimney. It has blooms several times in the past three years. You will also note the pollen on the leaves. It has about ten collections of flower buds.


Here is a close up of a Lace Cap Hydrangea. It also will be in full bloom. I appreciate these Hydrangeas for their delicate beauty.
I would enourage you to go out in your gardens today, even if for a brief period to avoid the pollen, to enjoy the results of your labors. Enjoy the Beauty.



No comments: