Thursday, March 3, 2011



Lovely Blooms
in Middle Georgia

 This Morning as I walked out to retreive my morning newspaper I noted that this Japanese Magnolia was in bloom.  My research on the World Wide Web causes me to believe that this is a Mulan Magnolia.  Specifically it is known as a Magnolia lifiiflora.  They trace back to China and were then cultivated in Japan.   We in this Country acquired them from the Japanese.  Thus our name for them is Japanese Magnolia.  Of course there are various colors but I like these purple ones the best.

Also in bloom are the two Tinus Viburnum shrubs which adorn each side of our Garage.  These lovely plants which are very hardy here in Middle Georgia are Native to the Mediterranean Regions of our Earth.  The are a low maintenance shrub that responds well to severe pruning which will happen after the Spring bloom cycle.  They currently stand eight feet tall and need to be taken back a bit.

No comments: