Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Creating Spring Beauty

Many of the post I enter here always feature the same plants and their pictures.  Today I prepared for Spring 2015 and acquired two new planters and hopefully some new exciting and also interesting plants which flower.  Admittedly, we may still have some cold weather below 32 degrees.  Therefore I placed these planters near the garage so that I could place them inside when there is danger of freezing and even colder temperatures.

You will note that I acquired two interesting planters of an interesting color as well as potting soil.  

The Orange Ranunculus is is in the rear.
The Kalanchoe is is the middle.  This bloom
attracts butterflies.
The Sugar Rush Wallflower is in the front.

As stated above, I placed the planters
near the garage.  They are about ten
feet from the door so I can move them
when required.

A close up of just one of the planters.
I placed a coffee filter in the bottom and
a few shards of pottery to eliminate
the potting soil from escaping from
the pot.  

As I was working on this project I enjoyed the
fragrance of the Daphne Odera.  The temperature
and the humid air made the task so
enjoyable.

This is the view that one has when they
take the sidewalk to the front entrance.
Admittedly it is early for a project such as this, however I was able to acquire some interesting plants that also show well in the pots that I selected.  Yes, I will move them in when the weather turns cold.


No comments: