Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Sprinkler System Maintenance

On 8 March I determined that it would be a great day to conduct some much needed Sprinker System Head Maintenance.  The pop ups need to be free of grass and other plants/roots to work most efficiently.  
I cleaned the leaves from the head!

I took a spade and cut a ring about 3 inches
away from the head!

Once I completed the circle I was ready for the next step!

I carefully removed the soil from around the head
do as to not break the water line to the
Sprinkler Head!

Now I have a hole about four inches deep and
ready to back fill with wood chip mulch!!

Once the wood chip mulch was in place
I pressed it down with my hands!!
Now we are ready for the 2015 Lawn and Garden Watering when we do not receive adequate rains!!

No comments: